[ic] Password-protecting part of a catalog

Wed Feb 26 10:58:00 2003

Quoting Richard Watson (richard@doilywood.org.uk):
> Bill Carr <bill@worldwideimpact.com> writes:
>
> > On Tue, 2003-02-25 at 07:47, Richard Watson wrote:
>

> > >  Most of the catalog will be open, but specific products
> > > (maybe in specific groups) will be restricted each to a specific customer.
> > >
> > > Any idea where I start on this?
>
> > Check out:
> > .access and .access_gate
>
> Thanks to both Bills for the response.
>
> It seems that .access will more or less do what I want, but it seems
> that its quite tricky to administer by my customer. From my
> understanding it could well be beyond him to add a user to an area and
> would get quite messy with many customers and many different areas.

You could engage a consultant to write a UI interface to it and then
contribute it back to the software. 8-)

We have been wanting something like this for a while; at one point
I thought about doing it, but I have not had time nor the right incentive.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Friends don't let friends use Outlook. -- Bob Blaylock