[ic] Cart problem after page template changes, IC 4.8.6 with mySQL

Dave Aiello interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Feb 26 16:23:00 2003

Hi:

I am trying to build my first production Interchange server for a
client.  I've installed Interchange version 4.8.6 on Red Hat 7.2 with
mySQL 3.23.54.

I built a catalog based on foundation, populated it with items, and was
able to successfully enter test orders.

Next, I tried customizing the templates to alter the look and feel.  I
changed each page in the catalog so that they are based on a new,
customized "noleft" template.  After I did this, everything looked fine
from a look and feel perspective.  But, for some reason, the items that
users selected from a fly page failed to appear in the cart.

I've been comparing the cart-related pages (/ord/basket.html and
/ord/checkout.html) as well as the flypage (/flypage.html) in the
modified catalog to the same pages in an unmodified foundation catalog.
 As far as I can tell, the only difference is the template that's chosen.

Is this the correct troubleshooting technique, as far as I've gone?
What other parts of the system might I need to look at?

Thanks,

--
Dave Aiello
CTDATA