[ic] Re: Link In Item Description

joe baker interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Feb 27 09:31:01 2003

Mike K Wrote:
>This may seem silly but are you trying to link a page
>or product named page?
>Are you getting the page not found page?

>Try [page name_of_your_page][item-descripton]</a>
>But replacing "name_of_your_page" with the actual
>page you are trying to
>reference.
>e.g. [page index]home</a>
>assuming you have a file named index.html in your
>~/catalogs/pages
>directory.
>or
>	[page [item-code]][item-description]</a> if >you
want the on-the-fly
>page for that item (assuming you are processing this
>from within a list).

>Alternatively you should also be able to do:
>or
href=[item-code]]">[item->description]</a>
>as well

Thanks mike for the response.

Here is what I'm trying to do, I have crated a page
that gives all features for an item and all other
items in that category and instead of listing all
features in the description I addded a link at the
bottom of the item description for more info, so I
added this tag <a href="[area page]">More info</a>,
with this I get page not found although the page is
there, if I try it this way then it works <a
href="page.html">more info</a> and I get this in my
error log with the [area page] tag in place

26/February/2003:17:21:15 -0500] eshop
/eshop.cgi/admin/item_edit.html Restricted tag ([var
SAMPLEURL]) attempted during restriction 'default=deny
enable= disable= log=all'

I know this might be very simple, but I can't get to
work .

Any help will be very appreciated

Thank you all in advance
Joe