[ic] Clickable Tracking Numbers

Jon interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Feb 28 20:38:00 2003

> Hi All
>
> When customers logs in to check their orders, one thing that could be a great feature is to have a Clickable Tracking Number (if a tracking number was used).
>
> Customers could click the number and then get a report on the shipping status of their order.
>
> I haven't found anything like this in the system. Would this be do-able?
>
> Thanks.
> --

    I believe it is already there.  Isn't this what the tracking_number field displayed
on the order_status.html page is for ?  I think all you need to do is save the value
and pass it to the shipper's web site.  The real trick is figuring what URL to
pass it to for the specific carrier.  You didn't say who...

Jon