[ic] Overriding global UserTag in PreFork mode

Jon Jensen interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Jan 2 17:52:00 2003

On Mon, 30 Dec 2002, Bill Carr wrote:

> IC 4.9.5, PERL 5.6.1, Linux-2.4.19
>
> Two catalogs served by the same IC. Catalog A overrides a global user
> tag and Catalog B occasionally (about 35% - 40% of the time) gets
> catalog As version. I can not produce this behavior with PreFork off.
> Other traffic settings are the same as rpc mode from
> interchange.cfg.dist.
>
> This post shows other problems that may be related since I have been
> running 4.9.5:
> http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2002-December/030017.html

Bill,

I've run into and fixed several bugs in PreFork mode due to Interchange
children having state changed and affecting subsequent page requests, and
it sounds like you're running into more of them. Unfortunately, I haven't
had time to go on a complete hunt for all such things, and they take time
to root out. But they are fixable and someone will get to them eventually,
sooner if the job at hand depends on it. :)

Jon