[ic] Interchange 4.8.3 and 4.8.6 installation on debian woody fails.

Stefan Hornburg interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Jan 6 07:13:02 2003

On Sun, 5 Jan 2003 22:03:27 +0100
"Matthew Smith" <hazed@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Recently I have been trying to install the standard 4.8.3 version of
> interchange on a debian woody system and I don't seem to be getting anywhere
> fast. Problem is that it asks if I want it to create the user and group
> interchange; if I answer yes installation hangs at the point
> Adding system group: .
>
> and does nothing more. Only thing I can do is hit Ctrl-C and try again which
> results in exactly the same problem. If I answer no to the question "do I
> want to create the user interchange?", then it keeps coming back with the
> same question again, I can only hit Ctrl-C to abort. Does anyone have any
> ideas how to solve this problem? I have also tried the 4.8.6.20021206-1
> version and this also seems to give me the same problem. Installation hangs
> at the point where it says adding system group.
>
> Hope somebody out there knows an answer as all the searches I've tried
> didn't find this problem.

Hello, Matthew !

I have no idea why this should fail in the addgroup command. As a workaround,
create the interchange user/group before installation:

addgroup interchange
adduser --system --ingroup interchange --home /usr/lib/interchange interchange

Ciao
        Racke