[ic] DirConfig and CSS

Jonathan Clark interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Jan 6 07:21:00 2003

> >'Personal CSS' applies to administrators logged into the UI only.
> Is it difficult to place that line in the help screen or somewhere equally
> "obvious".
>
> My immidiate thought here was, that if you have a panel for CSS changes on
> the AdminUI, why not a panel for CSS changes to the customer pages? Surely
> that would be far more important. To employ two different methods for CSS
> alterations can only create confusion. Perhaps a future
> enhancement might be
> that the customer CSS solution be similar to the AdminUI CSS solution. If
> anything it saves having to learn two methods and remembering it.

The Personal CSS was nearly removed completely during 4.9 development. There
was a good reason why it stayed in the end, but I can't remember what it
was..

I think the reason CSS for the shopping cart is not in a database is due to
the way the shopping cart templates and themes are constructed. Taking parts
of this out of the file structure and putting them in the configuration
database table would make it more difficult to drop in a new theme or
template.

That said, some pointers as to the purpose of the personal css would
probably help a bit. I'll see what I can do..

Jonathan
www.webmaint.net