[ic] 'batch' add to admin cart from another IC cart

Aaron Hazelton interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Jan 6 17:47:00 2003

Hi all,

I know the subject probably sounds confusing, but I need
some input on this project.  Here's what I am trying to
accomplish:

On a Local Intranet running IC 4.8.6 (can be changed)
CSR's can really quickly find all the items and set them
aside for later reference (in the shopping cart).  if the
call turns into an order, I would like to add the whole
cart to the Live UI entry page's cart. (another server
in another location running 4.8.3 currently)

I figured out how to set up a link with the following
components, but it seems like it would be quite
insecure:
   cart.cgi?mv_action=return
   &mv_click=MMLogin
   &mv_username=(username)
   &mv_password=(password)
   &mv_nextpage=admin/entry
   &mv_order_item=(some sku)
   &mv_order_item=(another sku).. etc.
would that be a bad idea?

I also thought of already being logged in in another
window, and have some sort of textarea or some-
thing that would process this 'batch' that would be
pasted from the other cart or something ....

I would like some input on what would be the
best way to approach this

Thanks
--
Aaron