[ic] design in admin, 500 internal server error, [again]

Eric Johanson interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Jan 7 06:08:00 2003

Hi there,

First time post, so be kind.  :)  Referenced [links] at the bottom of the
post. *

When clicking on 'design' from the admin page, I get a 500 internal server
error.  Nothing in any logs which I can find.

Interchange 4.8.6 (via tarball)
Mandrake 9.0 [1]
Apache-AdvancedExtranetServer/1.3.26
Perl 5.8.0
Digest::MD5 found (v2.22).
LWP::Simple found (v1.36).
MIME::Base64 found (v2.16).
SQL::Statement found (v0.1021).
Safe::Hole found (v0.08).
Storable found (v2.06).
Tie::Watch not found. Minor: cannot set watch points in catalog.cfg.
URI::URL found (v5.03).
GDBM available (v1.06)
No Berkeley DB_File.
DBI enabled (v1.32), available drivers: ExampleP, Proxy, mysql

After searching the archives, I found quite a bit of talk [2] about this
problem [3], which seems to hint at it being related to apache 2.0.  I'm
not running apache 2.0, but I'm having the same problem.  The default
Mandrake "Extranet" apache is loaded with stuff - - mod_perl via separate
apache process, etc.  I have no problems running other stuff (perl, php,
mysql, etc, etc) under this setup.

A related patch [4] was released, and put into the RPMs [5].

At this point, I'm not sure what's going on, as I've personally validated
that the version of IC I'm running (4.8.6), has this 'patch'.

How can I crank up the verbosity of IC?  I've never seen such... umm...
lackluster errors from perl/apache before... normally much more shows up
in the logs...

Please let me know if I can provide more info on this problem; I'm really
quite lost at this point... :)

Thanks in advance,
Eric Johanson

*