[ic] PC Text Editor and IC

Brendan Crosser-McGay interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jan 8 15:45:01 2003

The BEST editor, least resources, most features I've seen is Crimson
Editor.. http://www.crimsoneditor.com/
Hands Down.. :)

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@icdevgroup.org
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@icdevgroup.org]On Behalf Of Farshad Farzan
Sent: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 12:02 PM
To: interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Subject: [ic] PC Text Editor and IC

I am running IC 4.9 on SME server.
Since, I do the admin through my windows 2000 PC. , I often end up
downloading and uploading files between the two.

The problem lies when you end up editing files on the PC and uploading
it to the IC..

I had a case of catalog.cfg being modified in the PC, and uploaded to
IC., and I got all kinds of strange results.. I ran dos2unix on the file
and uploaded it again and all the problems went away..!!!

What is the best editor to use in the PC when you are working in IC?

Richard Farzan

Intelligent Measurement, Inc.
16115 Wyandotte Street
Van Nuys, CA 91406