[ic] Help printing a interchange variable (or whatever it's called)

Kevin Old interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Jan 9 16:06:03 2003

On Thu, 2003-01-09 at 12:10, Ed LaFrance wrote:
> At 12:04 AM 01/09/2003 -0500, you wrote:
> >Hello all,
> >
> >I am trying to get some basics down with the ITL and am having little
> >luck.  I'm a very experience Perl programmer and am getting frustrated
> >cause I'm not fully understanding the basics of the ITL.
> >
> >Here's an example - printing a variable....
> >
> >This code is in checkout.html
> >  [if-item-field weight]
> >  [seti weight][summary amount=`[item-quantity] * [item-field
> >weight]`][/seti]
> >  [/if-item-field]
> >
> >Now, how do I get the *total* weight printed?
>
> I believe this is demonstrated in the cart code, which is located at
> yourcat/templates/components/cart. The [summary ..] tag has a parameter for
> returning the accumulated value, which you should be able to see in
> practice there.

Ed, yes it is in the cart component, but the same code is also in the
checkout.html file in pages/ord and I have reviewed the documentation
and the parameter that suppresses the output is "hide" when set to true
(or 1).  In the code above the hide paramenter is not present and by
default is set to false.  This code should be printing the weight,
correct?

> Kevin - examples of this are all over the foundation demo, plus you have
> the Interchange tag reference at your disposal: take a look at the docs for
> [value ..], [var ..], [scratch ..], [cgi ...] and [data ...], among others.

Thanks, there are just so many tags that have similar features....kind
of confusing.

Thanks,
Kevin
--