[ic] how should you totally log out when cookie login enabled

Thu Jan 9 16:13:00 2003

Quoting Ed LaFrance (edl@newmediaems.com):
> At 10:53 AM 01/09/2003 -0500, you wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I am wanting to make sure I am not missing anything
> >here on the logout.  When cookie login is enabled,
> >which I need, then I cannot figure out how to really
> >log out so that IC will require a login again.  Is this
> >possible?
> >
> >  I tried using the info from the default foundation
> >'logout' page and also tried a logout  button made
> >from an mv_todo=cancel, but neither is giving the
> >desired results.
> >
> >This is the case even when closing the browser
> >and opening another one as well.
> >
> >Thanks
> >--
> >Aaron
>
> You just need to clear the client's cookies. Try putting this your logout.html:
>
> [set-cookie name=MV_USERNAME value=""]
> [set-cookie name=MV_PASSWORD value=""]

Plus, I think you can do this:

	[userdb function=logout clear-cookie=1]

Also, if you want that to be the default you can put in catalog.cfg:

	UserDB default clear_cookie 1

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

There's nothing sweeter than life nor more precious than time.
-- Barney