[ic] Autoload - can't get it to work

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Jan 10 12:55:00 2003

At 03:18 PM 01/10/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>I'm trying to use Autoload.  I cannot get it to work, even using the basic
>code below.  I've restarted Interchange and checked the logs, Interchange
>restarts fine.
>
>Here's my code:
>  In /interchange/catalog.cfg:
>
>   Autoload <<EOS
>   [perl]
>   $Scratch->{mook} = "Test";
>   return;
>   [/perl]
>   EOS
>
>Then, on the index page I try to display the value using [scratch mook],
>nothing appears. I've restarted Interchange and checked the logs,
>Interchange restarts fine.  I have noticed that when I move the Autoload
>code up towards the beginning of catalog.cfg then I get an error when
>restarting Interchange.
>
>What am I missing?

If you added this with a windows-based text editor and then ftp'd it up to
your site, carriage-return contamination would be highly suspect. I've
posted the perl one-liner for stripping CR's out of a dirty file many
times; here it is again:

         perl -i -p -e 's/\r//g' filename

- Ed L.

463 Main St., Suite D         eCommerce | Consulting | Hosting
Placerville, CA  95667        edl@newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (530) 622-9426 Fax