[ic] url parameters

Jeff Dafoe interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Jan 10 18:23:00 2003

> >     Just as a note, mod_rewrite expands the url out to
> > www.site.com/site/page?params .
> >

> There's your answer -- do a bit more rewriting and remove the last /.

    Oh, I could definitely fix it, I just didn't like the comment from
Overture that the slash they were appending to the end of the url was "not
something over which Overture exercises any control" and was "an internet
standard which occurs within most browsers".  I enter "w.x.y?n=v" and their
system changes it to "w.x.y/?n=v/" .  I say the problem is not in my
system's inability to accept that but rather in their inability to not
mangle the url I input into their system.  They managed to get the middle
slash removed but the last one seems to be a real stumper for them.  I just
wanted to make sure there wasn't some actual internet standard that I wasn't
aware of dictating that slashes appended to url parameters by companies
named overture were to be stripped off by the receiving server.  That
standard doesn't seem to exist.

Thanks again,
Jeff