[ic] Major changes to DEVEL CVS branch

Chris Tooley interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Jan 13 21:31:01 2003

On Mon, 2003-01-13 at 20:06, Mike Heins wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> This is to advise everyone that the nightly builds will stop temporarily.
> There have been major changes to the DEVEL branch CVS prior to the
> beta for Interchange 5.0.
>
> The fine folks at Zeald have provided professional-quality HTML for
> the Interchange UI, and I have incorporated it in an update that should
> greatly improve the UI, and make it more intuitive.
>
> In addition, the UI becomes more easily configurable than ever.
>
> Most custom UI pages should work unchanged, but there may be cases
> where they don't; also, most menus should work fine but again there
> will be cases where they won't. Because of this, I am suspending
> the nightly build until some semblance of stability returns.
>
> In a few days, Demo space 1 should reflect the new UI and the
> nightly builds will return.
>
> Best,
> Mike

At one point I saw some talk of a manual for the standard Foundation
store possibly being produced.  As it appears that 5.0 will be not only
a major backend change and but also a major shift in UI.  Has this been
looked into recently?  Also, is there anyone out there willing to
generalize their store to give some more options to the starting base?

--
Chris  Tooley
Networking Technologies Resource Center