[ic] embedded perl

stjohn interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Jan 14 09:04:00 2003

Hi all,

Posted a few days ago regarding the structure and use of the &Scratch, $Tag
and $Tmp "objects" in most of the components.  Just wondering if anyone and
any good, solid information on the topic of component writing for
interchange.  I've looked through most of the interchange documentation and
the rtfm site but I can't find any solid information on what these objects
are and how / why to use them.

I need to extend some of the functionality of interchange by using
components or embedded perl and I thought the best starting point would be
to look at the existing components.  Most of the code makes sense but there
is no explanation of the use of these objects or the structure of the
components in general.

Any help or pointers would be excellent, thanks in advance