[ic] Extending a UPS Zone File above 150

dzhang-msi interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jan 15 00:39:00 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jon" <prtyof5@attglobal.net>

> upsg    UPS Ground      weight  0       150     u Ground
>
> Change the 150 to something higher... 600 I guess, and
> then make sure you have every pound 150 - 600 covered in the rate table.
> Or at least an entry for every weight you'll need a match for.
> That I think would be the Interchange part
> But does/would UPS, or whatever carrier,  provide such a rate table ?
>
> Jon

UPS has discount rate for over 200 lbs, called "hundred weight".  That rate
is not available form the materials they distribute, but can ba calculated
with their software "worldshop". So, there might be a formular for that.

If it's possible to get that formular, it might be do the lookup up to 200
lbs. then, switch to formular after that.
UPS may not be willing to give out that formular though, or those response
to 800-pickups have no idea.

>    First of all make sure you have read/write access to shipping.asc and
the
> associated rate table file. This may not be the case for a cPanel hosted
site.

Well, well, don't complaint to much on cpanel though. You can still use
admin interface to edit, or make a new one.

David
dzhang@msihosting.com
http://www.msihosting.com
Export -- ecommerce solution, Interchange hosting