[ic] Internal Server Error on the Design Tab

Brian Ellis interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Jan 17 10:37:00 2003

I know this has been dealt with before, and I have read through every
related post I could find but this has really got me pickled.
Yes, I am running RedHat 8, but not apache 2. Currently, the server is
running apache 1.3.27. But as you can see from the blurb I left below, I
am using the new redhat version of perl (5.8.0) which I figure is where
the problem stems. I would REALLY like to not have to reinstall perl as
this will fsck up just about everything else on the server :) But
anyways, back to the problem.  As far as I can tell, the error only
comes from the design tab. Like every body else, a quick trip into my
apache's error log shows

Premature end of script headers: /var/www/cgi-bin/<name of store>

I dont see anything in any thing related in any of the interchange logs.
I followed a patch that was posted a while ago:
http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2002-August/024217.html

But didnt do anything to help my cause. All I really saw different
between the original version of tlink was in the send arguments there
was an added "@ARGV=(join ' ',@ARGV)" which didnt make much sense to me
but I am reaching toward desparate. I added that line in both my
tlink.pl and my mod_perl_tlink.pl in my /usr/local/interchange/src/
which was the only place that I found those files. So I hope that I
applied them correctly. Here is the information that I can gather from
the interchange administration page:

Interchange Server Information
Interchange version     4.8.6
Interchange PID     8736
Interchange SUID User     <my interchange user>
Last time server restarted     Fri Jan 17 11:15:39 2003
Last time changes applied     Fri Jan 17 11:15:39 2003 (apply now)
Environment variables passed     MOD_PERL

Perl Information
Perl Version     Perl 5.8.0 (called with: /usr/bin/perl)
Optional Module Information     Digest::MD5 found (v2.20).
LWP::Simple found (v1.36).
MIME::Base64 found (v2.12).
SQL::Statement found (v0.1021).
Safe::Hole found (v0.08).
Storable found (v2.06).
Tie::Watch found (v1.0).
URI::URL found (v5.03).
Safe operations untrapped     ftfile sort rand

Database Information
Database Interfaces     GDBM available (v1.06)
No Berkeley DB_File.
DBI enabled (v1.32), available drivers:

     ADO
     ExampleP
     Multiplex
     Proxy
     mysql

Database Tables

     2ndDayAir
     Ground
     NextDayAir
     access
     affiliate
     area
     cat
     component
     country
     gift_certs
     ichelp
     icmenu
     inventory
     locale
     merchandising
     mv_metadata
     options
     order_returns
     orderline
     pricing
     products
     route
     state
     transactions
     userdb
     variable

Has this problem been solved or am I pretty much stuck? Any help you can
offer is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
--
Brian Ellis