[ic] Return Click Bar

Jon interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Jan 18 00:53:01 2003

> >     In that regard I'm pretty much like foundation and pretty much as
> > you described.  I'm using the prod_group as a brand and the category
> > as a product type.  Otherwise it is straight from the category_vertical
> > component with only presentation changes.  I need to get more in tune
> > with IC, the idea of setting a scratch variable, I guess in the component,
> > makes sense.  Do I have that right ?
>
>     Well, on the site that I set the scratch variables while passing through
> landing pages, there were separate html pages for each prod_group and then
> again for each category, so we just did a "set" command at the top of the
> page.

    Is there a column/field in a table to define the html page for IC to
pick it up automatically ?

> >     Your other way; taking apart the last search, how do you do that
> > exactly ??  I've tried dumping the scratch area and I don't see it in
> > there.  I must be looking in the wrong place.  Even if I try the above
> > suggestion I'd really like to know how to get access to the last
> > search.
>
> [if session last_search =~ /products/]
>     [seti lastsearch][data session last_search][/seti]
> [/if]
>
>     Put that at the very top of your results.page .  The if statement is a
> ghetto solution to keep lastsearch from being set to something we don't
> really want when on result pages past the first (the "more" system).  You
> will then be able to access the lastsearch value as a scratch variable.  The
> complexity is that the lastsearch variable will contain the entire search
> string (basically as it appears in the url) and you have to use perl's
> "split" and/or regular expressions to take out the parameters you are
> looking for.

    Oh thank you so much.  I'm been trying to figure out how to grab the search
URL for a while.  None of my searches came up with anything.  I should be
able to grab some split code from some where and then do some figuring.

Thanks again.

Jon