[ic] Orders not matching up with users in the UI

Paul Jordan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Jan 19 14:07:01 2003

> I've just gone live with a site and taken some orders, but in the UI, i'm
> finding some weird stuff. Viewing the Pending Orders section shows all the
> orders with the appropriate Order number, yet clicking on that
> order number
> brings up the View Order page, but with none of the details filled in! The
> order has definately been entered into the Orderline table, and
> the customer
> definately exists in the user table, so what could be causing the
> View Order
> page to break in this manner?
>
> Note: if i bring up the View Customer page, the order numbers associated
> with the client are all wrong. I did at one stage change the Last order
> number on the administration page (it has TEST in the number), and yeah...
> things seem to have gone pear shaped. Any idea where this may be breaking
> and what i need to do to fix it?

Hi Cameron,

If I remember correctly, didn't you build a log_transaction from scratch?
This sounds to me like data is not getting written correctly to the tables.
I say *correctly, becuase you mention that there is data getting written to
these tables. The Order View page does not read from userdb, as you imply
above, it reads the written data that was copied into transactions table.

Try posting your IC version, and a couple records from 'transaction' and
corresponding 'orderline'...

It sounds to me like this is a log_transaction issue. Compare it to a
foundation copy.

Paul