[ic] Orders not matching up with users in the UI

Cameron interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Jan 19 23:03:00 2003

> On Sun, 2003-01-19 at 18:20, Cameron wrote:
> [snip]
> >
> > v 4.8.6
> > Transaction:
> >        101010   101010  HAesHaq9  U00008  worldwide (Worldwide Delivery
7-10
> > days US$ 35.00)  1  283  35    318  first  last   address   suburb
state
> > zip  US  phone    email        AL   US   20030119 19:10:18  20030119  7
> > pending     0  0  0
> >

> > Orderline:         101010-1  1904  Item Name 283  1  283
> >

> > looks right to me :/
>
> Hmm, it's hard to tell because you did not put the headers for the
> fields listed however, one glaring error is the lack of an order_number
> in the orderline table.  Your first column listed "101010-1" is the line
> item and unique code for that row.  Each successive item in that order
> will increment the code by 1, ie: 101010-2, 101010-3 etc..  Interchange
> will look at the order_number field to determine which order it is
> associated with. (a one-to-many relationship) That order number should
> be 101010.  Without a proper order number in the field, nothing will
> match up.
>
> What's 1904?
>
> --
> marty <marty@sediva.com>

ok, i've narrowed it down. I've exported the orderline table, and lo and
behold, it's corrupted. Every time a new order is being put in, it's coming
out as if there's an incorrect character following after the text - for the
sake of the exported file, it's supposed to be a tab, but it's coming out
like a CR. you should see the funky patterns that Excel displays this file
in ;) all the old orders in there are fine, it's just the new ones - they're
all broken :(

i've had a look at log_transaction, but it SEEMS ok. everything else is
getting inserted into the appropriate tables in the appropriate fashion, so
i can't understand why it'd be doing this. my immediate thought was along
the lines of "it'll be full of DOS cr/lf's" and that'd be confusing it, but
there really isn't anything to be found anywhere. the code is almost exactly
the same as the code from the foundation cart, all bar the "options:" line
that i took out a while ago for some reason i don't recall - but this exact
same log_transaction file is working fine on another site.

so, yeah, anyone know what might be causing this? i can fix it, by manually
changing the orderline table and then uploading it again, but this obviously
isn't a long term solution... :)