[ic] Age Old Question

Mon Jan 20 11:36:01 2003

Quoting Miguel Navarro (jack@blueweb-inc.com):
> Does anyone know how to capture the credit_card_number? I am well aware of
> that you would not want to do this, but the business practice is to hold the
> number for a period of 10 days as it sends its orders to a fullfilment
> center. Please contact me directly or post this information. I have gone
> through the archives and only found many messages about why you shouldn't do
> this. If your only response is going to be why I shouldn't do this, please
> don't clog up the group with something we already know.

You can capture them PGP-encrypted for your records, and decrypt them
in the unlikely event you need them. There are multiple sources for this
information -- basically all you need to do is add the PGP/GPG key to
your interchange user's keyring, and put the key ID in the EncryptKey
directive in catalog.cfg (can usually be set with PGP_KEY preference in
UI).

In 4.9.7, I even have set up a "wizard" which will add GPG keys, check
which ones are on your ring, and set it up. Now that I think about it,
I should add a "test your setting" page and will do so.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

I have a cop friend who thinks he ought be able to give a new ticket;
"too dumb for conditions".