[ic] mv_order_fly not generating expected results

Aaron Hazelton interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Jan 23 15:24:00 2003

I have read and re-read the docs on this and tried
several different ways of input, but am getting various
results with each method.  Here's the breakdown into
3 questions:

1. if using a URL like this:
  [area href="process" form="
	mv_todo=refresh
	mv_nextpage=admin/entry
	mv_order_item=122
	mv_order_fly=description=some test item|price=100.01
  "]
you get what you would expect, and description shows,
but with this error in the logs:

  process Bad data selector='mv_fly' field='gift_cert' key='122'

where is gift_cert coming from?? and what does this mean?

2. if using <input>'s like this:
  <INPUT TYPE=TEXT NAME=mv_order_item VALUE="">
  <input type=hidden name=mv_order_fly value="description=[cgi iddesc]">
  <input type=hidden name=mv_order_fly value="price=[cgi idprice]">

you have to enter the text input for price, refresh the page, and then
fill in the mv_order_item for it to add the item.  Otherwise, you have
no price.  Also, the description does *not* show up, even if you do
refresh the page.  After refreshing the page, and entering the fake
sku, the item will be added at the price you input, but also with
an error *like above* about the "gift_cert field"

isn't there some way to use text inputs, and add the item on the
fly without the extra page refresh?  I tried some mv_click type
options but was unsuccessful??

3. If you use a one-line hidden input (which is in the docs) like
this:
  <input type=hidden name=mv_order_fly value="description=[cgi
iddesc]|price=[cgi idprice]">
it just does not work for me.  No item is added, even if you
do a page refresh to update the variables first.  Also I get a
different error in the logs:

  process.html Attempt to order missing product code: onelineinput

where "onelineinput" was the fake sku I tried to enter.

So, if I want to have a sku, price, and description, the only
answer seems to be a link, but the preferred way of entry is
to use text inputs.

Am I missing something? or is this just weird?
--
Aaron