[ic] Credit card disappearing, can't finish order

Paul Jordan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Jan 26 21:38:00 2003

> screwed up. When a user enters his credit card number >and clicks the
> process order button, it just returns to the checkout page with the
> credit card info missing. I haven't
> >done anything recently to the checkout pages. In fact, I even replaced
> basket.html and checkout.html with old versions I >know worked. Any
> ideas what could cause this? I don't even know where to begin. Thanks.
> I'm using a default catalog.
>

> This is still happening on my site and I can't figure out for the life
> of me why. I overwrite my basket.html and my checkout.html files and it
> works fine again, but seemingly overnight, it starts doing it all over,
> even when I don't make any changes. Can anyone PLEASE help me out here?
> I'm losing orders and customers right and left.

Anything in the error log? Sounds like somthing can be wrong with your
etc/profiles.order. You might want to check for carriage return
contamination. As for it happening every night, I don't know what that is
about. Are you using an online payment processor? or are you having the
cc#'s sent to you?

Why it would fix by replacing basket and checkout... hmm    try to find some
more clues, and check your error logs.

Check your crons, maybe you have a cron job thats gone medieval on you.

HTH
Paul