[ic] Database access within an ActionMap

Mon Jan 27 09:12:00 2003

Quoting Mark Gibson (gibsonm@cromwell-tools.co.uk):
> On Monday 27 Jan 2003 10:01 am, Mark Gibson wrote:
> > Hi,
> > 	I'm having problems accessing the database within an ActionMap sub.
> [snip]
> > How can I get a handle on the database from within an ActionMap?
>
> Ah-ha, I've found a work-around for this, calling the [perl] tag with the
> 'tables' attribute set does the trick, example:
>
> ActionMap dostuff <<EOF
> sub {
> 	$Tag->perl('mytable');
>
> 	my $db = $Db{mytable};
> }
> EOF

Neat! I didn't know that would work myself.

I am so used to using Global ActionMap and UserTag things I have put
off figuring out some way to deal with this problem. You have found
a solution.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

People who want to share their religious views with you
almost never want you to share yours with them. -- Dave Barry