[ic] Credit card disappearing, can't finish order

Paul Jordan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Jan 27 12:24:00 2003

> > This is still happening on my site and I can't figure out for the life
> > of me why. I overwrite my basket.html and my checkout.html files and
> > it works fine again, but seemingly overnight, it starts doing it all
> > over, even when I don't make any changes. Can anyone PLEASE help me
> > out here? I'm losing orders and customers right and left.
> >
> >Anything in the error log? Sounds like somthing can be wrong with your
> etc/profiles.order. You might want to check for
> >carriage return contamination. As for it happening every night, I don't
> know what that is about. Are you using an online >payment processor? or
> are you having the cc#'s sent to you?
> >
> >Why it would fix by replacing basket and checkout... hmm    try to find
> some
> >more clues, and check your error logs.
> >
> >Check your crons, maybe you have a cron job thats gone medieval on you.
> >
> >HTH
> >Paul
>
> There's nothing in the error logs at all. I had this a couple days ago
> and I got an error about mc_creditcard or something like that, but after
> restoring from backup it worked for a day or two, but now it's at it
> again, with no error logs. I ran a perl script to remove the carriage
> returns from my entire /catalog directory but that didn't help at all.
> I'm not using online processing. I have the CC's encrypted and emailed
> to me. I don't have any cron jobs, btw. Thanks for the help.

Brock,

You said that your customers screen would refresh if they tried to buy
something from you, and not take them to the receipt page. Well, is
interchange databasing their attempts? IOW are the orders getting databased
even though it looks like the order didn't go through? Are you or they
receiving an email receipt? Or is nothing at all happening...

If none of the above, then the order is probably not getting to you order
routes, and most likely not getting to the point of encryption, so you could
possibly rule out the order routes. It could be failing in profiles.order...

But all of this is mute, because you said it will fix if copied over an old
basket.html, and checkout.html, which to me just does not make sense (unless
you have attempted to edit them incorrectly).

If it were me I know I would have no choice but to get professional help,
and when something goes wrong, and orders are affected, I call Mike, Ed, or
Kevin for their supreme knowledge. This problem of yours (at least to me) is
not making sense, and I suspect it is something seemingly unrelated.

BTW, someone more knowledgeable might answer if you would include more
details that could be relevant (IC version, OS and version, database type,
Apache version, etc)

Good Luck.

Paul