[ic] Disable / Bypass Administration Login

Michael Stearne interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jan 29 00:28:01 2003

I asked a question yesterday on how to disable or get around the login
for the administration module.  I wanted to grab the order_view page
without authorization (because I am doing it from PHP and fopen).  So
below is what worked for me, YMMV.  Also, you are disabling security
for this page so this is not at all recommended.  You might make the
admin directory be protected by .htaaccess just in case.

To try this simply:

1. su to root
2. edit /usr/lib/interchange/lib/UI/pages/admin/order_view.html and add
[set no_login_required]1[/set] to the line above @_UI_STD_HEAD_@ .
3. Restart Interchange /etc/init.d/interchange restart
4. Test. Something like:
http://www.myICStore.com/cgi-bin/myICStore/admin/
order_view?order=MIC4988  should bring up the order with no
authorization required.

I would assume this would work on other pages also, but this could
cause some potential problems with the permissions IC sets up for its
users and of course your changes to order_view.html will go away when
you upgrade IC at any point.

Michael