[ic] Disable / Bypass Administration Login

Michael Stearne interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jan 29 03:42:00 2003

On Wednesday, January 29, 2003, at 02:55  AM, Jonathan Clark wrote:

>> I asked a question yesterday on how to disable or get around the login
>> for the administration module.  I wanted to grab the order_view page
>> without authorization (because I am doing it from PHP and fopen).  So
>> below is what worked for me, YMMV.  Also, you are disabling security
>> for this page so this is not at all recommended.  You might make the
>> admin directory be protected by .htaaccess just in case.
>>
>> To try this simply:
>>
>> 1. su to root
>> 2. edit /usr/lib/interchange/lib/UI/pages/admin/order_view.html and
>> add
>> [set no_login_required]1[/set] to the line above @_UI_STD_HEAD_@ .
>> 3. Restart Interchange /etc/init.d/interchange restart
>> 4. Test. Something like:
>> http://www.myICStore.com/cgi-bin/myICStore/admin/
>> order_view?order=MIC4988  should bring up the order with no
>> authorization required.
>>
>> I would assume this would work on other pages also, but this could
>> cause some potential problems with the permissions IC sets up for its
>> users and of course your changes to order_view.html will go away when
>> you upgrade IC at any point.
>
> I suggest you make a copy of the order_view.html page and copy it to
> <catalog_root>/pages/admin/ and then revert the original UI page back
> at
> /usr/lib/interchange/... That way, you have overridden the UI page for
> only
> one catalog, not all catalogs. Also, your page will remain when you
> upgrade
> the core.
>
> Of course, you could use a different name for your page and then users
> in
> the UI would have access to the core UI page and your PHP routine
> would use
> another.
>
> Jonathan
> www.webmaint.net

Good ideas.  Thanks.  When I get this finished, I will package the
system up, it may help other IC users.  It's basically a way to print
PDF based packing slips and mailing labels based off of IC orders.

Michael