[ic] Upgrading to Red Hat 8.0

Brian Ellis interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Jan 31 08:32:01 2003

>I have several projects running in redhat 7.0 and would like to know if is
>safe to install interchange (last release) in a redhat 8.0 server.

I have had serious issues with my server upgrade to redhat 8.0. The
issue that I had was that redhat ships with the new redhat is perl 5.8.0
and it would give me internal server 500 errors whenever I try and
access the design section. Now given this is interchange 4.8.6, I plan
to test with the 4.8.7 later today and hope that helps. But in short, I
did have problems running interchange 4.8.6 on a redhat 8.0 server.

(Yes I realize that I could reinstall perl and probably fix this
problem, but since the cvs version of interchange runs on redhat's perl
5.8.0 I am reluctant to do so. For now I prefer the cvs version anyway)

<Insert Witty Comment>,

--
Brian Ellis
SaberLogic - Consultant