[ic] Threaded Perl

Philip S. Hempel interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jul 2 12:43:01 EDT 2003

I found out why many of the distributions are going with the threads
being enabled in perl. It seems from the Debian mail list that it was to
support apache2.

The gist of this is so "perchild" MPM module for apache2  and mod_perl2
would be able to build.

http://lists.debian.org/debian-perl/2002/debian-perl-200207/msg00013.html

I am trying to find if there could be a way that the Perl maintainer for
Debian would be willing to create at a build with no threads as a
standard in addition to the threaded version. Hopefully he may go for
it.

Ltr
--
Philip S. Hempel

Give a man a fish and he will feed himself for a day.
Teach a man to fish and he will feed himself for a lifetime.

http://linuxhardcore.com/