[ic] Items deleting don't work?

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Fri Jul 4 11:27:48 EDT 2003

Quoting Sergiusz Jarczyk (sjarczyk at wist.net.pl):
> Quoting Mike Heins (mike at perusion.com):
> >
> > This is funny. I am able to duplicate this, but *only the first time IC is
> > run after creating the database*. After there is one restart of IC with
> > a pre-existing set of tables, then it works fine.
> >
> > Can you verify this by restarting IC and seeing if it works?
> >

> I had to restart IC four times, before I was able to delete items. Can you
> tell me why it happened? I've never had similar problems with IC, no matter
> stable or nightly build.

I believe it is Postgres, myself. Try this at the psql prompt right after
building the catalog:

pfound-> delete from products where sku = 'os28004';
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "from" at character 15
pfound=> delete from merchandising where sku = 'os28004';
DELETE 1
pfound=> delete from products where sku = 'os28004';
DELETE 1
pfound=>

The third command was run simply by pressing the up-arrow twice, so
there is no syntax error there.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike at perusion.com>

Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed. -- Francis Bacon