[ic] Gateway is returning "received LWP header: 500 (Internal Server Error) read failed"

J P wwwsports at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 6 23:09:24 EDT 2003

I'm wondering if anyone has seen this message
generated through Payment.pm during the order process.

received LWP header: 500 (Internal Server Error) read
failed

This is what's coming back from the gateway in about
80% of my transactions, although everything in my
merchant account is fine.  I've searched the archives
and web for this error with LWP and found pretty much
nothing.  I've tried adding all sorts of stuff to
debug, I've turned on DataTrace, nothing seems to help
identify it.  We even wrote a standalone script to use
LWP (after upgrading to the newest version too) and
everything is returned fine with the authorization.
It just isn't working right in IC pretty consistently.

I am able to go into my site, order an item and using
my info, I can recreate this _every_ time.  But I have
spent a lot of hours looking now and can't find the
cause or what is specific to this order that let's me
recreate the error and what's in common with all the
other orders it's happening on.  There has to be
something that is particular to all these orders that
causes it since I can recreate it.

I've spent hours and hours on the phone with my
gateway's support dept and they have added extra
debugging and they show they are returning the
appropriate info for the auth or decline that shows up
in my gateway admin.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.