[ic] custom search / results pages on new table

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Tue Jul 8 06:12:57 EDT 2003

Nicholas Cook [ncook at intropolis.com] wrote:
> I have been trying to write a custom search page and results page that
> runs against a table that I added to the database (RH8, IC 4.98, Mysql
> 3.23.56).  I have no problem seeing the table, or editing it through the
> admin side.  My search pages appear to work, but I seem to be missing
> something when trying to get the results to display.
>
> My search looks like this:
> <form action="[area search]" method=post>
>     [seti phone_search]
>         su=yes
>         fi=phonebook
>         sf=title
>         sp=results_phonebook
>         st=db
>                 ml=20
>                 ra=yes
>
> rf=group,name,contact,address1,address2,city,state,zip,phone,url,email
>     [/seti]
> <input type=hidden name=mv_profile value=phone_search>
> <input type=text name=mv_searchspec size=15 value="">
> <input type="image" alt="[L]Search[/L]"
> src="__THEME_IMG_DIR__search.png" border=0 width="20" height="20">
> </form>
>
> I won't waste anybody's time by posting my results page because it just
> doesn't work, outside of me being able to get the number of hits back.
>
> Can anybody post a functional example of a search page and results page
> against a table that they added to their database?

At a glance, the search form seems fine to me, except that you don't
really want the "ra=yes".  You may as well use [set] instead of [seti],
although that won't have any impact here.

Perhaps there's a problem on your results page.  Do you have a
[search-region] ... [/search-region] block on your results_phonebook
page?

Try something simple like this:

    [search-region]
    [search-list]
        [item-param name] - [item-param contact]<br>
    [/search-list]
    [/search-region]

Once you start to see your results, you can build your page from there.
See www.interchange.rtfm.info/docs/rtfm_icdatabase.html section 5.11
(The Results Page) for more information.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz