[ic] UPS Canada Standard - any reason it's not in IC?

K Old kold.lists at oldcomm.com
Tue Jul 15 16:40:43 EDT 2003

Hello everyone,

I am in need of adding shipping to Canada to one of my IC catalogs.
I've noticed that UPS has a "Standard Canada" service, and the code is STD.

I've altered my shipping.asc file like the following:
GNDSTD  UPS Canada Standard     weight  0       0       e Nothing to ship!              {'ui_ship_type' => "UPSE:GNDSTD",'ups' => "1",'PriceDivide' => "1",}
GNDSTD  UPS Canada Standard     weight  0       150     f [ups-query
mode=GNDSTD weight="@@TOTAL@@"]            {'PriceDivide' => "1",}

The response on my checkout page is:

Note: GNDSTD: The requested service is unavailable between the selected locations.

I've used the calculator on UPS.com and verified that the service is valid from my
business to the consumer in Canada.  The shipping will be $8.91.

I'm just trying to get that implemented in IC.

Can someone explain what "UPSE:GNDRES" is?  (it is defined in the GNDRES part of
shipping.asc)

I think I might have to define a UPSE:GNDRES, but searches through ICROOT have turned
up nothing.

Any help is appreciated.

Kevin
--