[ic] Getting card type information in Payment module

Richard Watson richard at doilywood.org.uk
Wed Jul 16 01:54:30 EDT 2003

Hi there,

I'm writing a payment module and I need to send the card type to the
payment gateway.

I have a drop down box in my checkout page which sets
mv_credit_card_type but I can't seem to get that info where I need it
in payment module. Other things seem to be provided by a sub in
Payment.pm but not the card type. I can use the subroutine to guess
the CC type but I'd rather not rely on that if I can help it.

What's the general way to get user session info and/or arbitrary
posted data from the checkout page in the payment module?

Thanks,

--
Richard Watson
http://www.opencolo.com/