[ic] Default State selection in checkout.html

Cameron B. Prince cameron.prince at kottmann.com
Wed Jul 16 10:29:59 EDT 2003

> > I'm guessing, but I would put it here.
> >
> > <option>Select State</option>
>
> Actually, that should probably be:
>
> <option selected>Select State</option>

This would potentially break the memory... So if a user submits the form and
there is an error, the page would refresh and the previously selected state
would be lost.

The best way would be to let it float with value=""... Since it would be the
first option, it would be the default should there be no existing
$Values->{state}.

>               option=state]
>               [on-match]<SELECT onChange="check_tax(this.form)"
> NAME=state>[/on-match]
>
> I'm guessing, but I would put it here.
>
> <option>Select State</option>

This is incorrect as well... This would set the state value to "Select
State" which would pass certain profile checks.

Also, <option> ... </option> needs to go inside the [on-match] ...
[/on-match]

Cameron