[ic] 4.9.8 Options Help

Dorothy Puma dorothy at digilink.net
Thu Jul 17 11:18:30 EDT 2003

Mark Lehman wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>     I'm in the process of setting up a Interchange 4.9.8-based site.  I'm
> having difficulty adding options to my items.
>
>     I previously setup a test site using the foundation template with tools,
> which works properly.  But, my new catalog, setup with the foundation
> template with no items, won't let me add options to the products I manually
> added.  When I click on the radial button selecting anything but 'No
> Options' (ex. 'Simple Options') and click 'Update' - the page refreshes with
> 'No Options' selected.  Any help with this issue would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Mark

Hi Mark,

If you are using a products file from a previous version, then you need
to add "option_type" as one of your fields. Also, check to see if you
are using the options table or the new variants table for your options.
Then check in the etc/after.cfg and make sure the correct table is
indicated in this entry:

Replace ProductFiles
ProductFiles   products variants

HTH