[ic] "dealer" pricing

Jonathan Clark jonc at webmaint.com
Fri Jul 18 12:36:34 EDT 2003

> IC 4.8.3
>
> Still working on discounting.  Due to problems with the home-brew system,
> I'm trying the standard dealer pricing scheme found in IC.  I am using an
> external script to compare expiration dates and update a flag in the
> database "user_active" to determine if someone is a member or
> not.  Now I'm
> getting the "zero price" thing that I see people talk about.  Not
> sure why.
>
> Here's my old catalog.cfg for pricing:
> PriceField     CommonAdjust
>
> CommonAdjust   pricing:price_group,q3,q4,q5,q10, ;products:price, ;$
> AutoModifier   pricing:price_group
> AutoModifier   products:gift_cert
>
> NonTaxableField nontaxable
>
> UserDB         default    scratch    dealer
>
> Autoload <<EOR
> [perl]
>     if($Scratch->{dealer}) {
>             $Config->{PriceField} = 'no_price';
>     }
> [/perl]
> EOR
>
> Here's my new one:

> PriceField     CommonAdjust
>
> AutoModifier pricing:price_group
> AutoModifier gift_cert
> FractionalItems No
>
> Profile user_active <<EOR
> {
>         CommonAdjust => <<EOF,
>                 pricing:price_group,q3,q4,q5,q10,
> ;products:member_price, ;$
> EOF
>         NonTaxableField => 'nontaxable'
> }
> EOR
>
> Profile default CommonAdjust   "pricing:price_group,q3,q4,q5,q10,
> ;products:price, ;$"
> Profile default NonTaxableField
> Profile default PriceField 0
>
> Any clues as to why I'm gettin the zero price thing?  There's no
> etc/after.cfg script to modify these settings.

When are you getting the zero price? (dealer logged in or non-dealer?)

You have:

PriceField     CommonAdjust

You should make this something which is not the name of a field in your
products table, in the default profile its '0' - I take it you don't have a
field called 'CommonAdjust'?

You didn't mention it, do you still have the Autoload?

Jonathan.

--
Jonathan Clark
Webmaint.com - Building Clever Websites   http://www.webmaint.com/