[ic] Need Quickbooks Import Help Pls

J P wwwsports at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 27 01:48:01 EDT 2003

Anyone out there got some real expertise with tweaking
the trans_quickbooks for import into quickbooks.  I've
modified it a bit to fit some of my needs (and it is
working for the import) but I have a few changes I
still need to make and can't figure them out.

First, it seems that when you have a quotation mark in
the item description, it messes up the import into QB.
 Say  57" Windsock.  I tried escaping it with  57\"
Windsock and that didn't work.  In the import I get
the SPLID in the quantity field as a negative quantity
and the date in the sku field when I have something
like this.  If I take the " out, then it works fine.
Any ideas?

Second, I'm exporting the affiliate id and the type of
payment used (ie Credit Card (visa)) to go into terms
and rep, respectively.

The payment type seems to get entered in the customer
record under the additional info tab, but it's not
showing up on the invoice in quickbooks under terms.
And in some instances Credit Card (discover) has the
last two characters cut off.

The affiliate sorta shows up in the customer record,
actually only the first character of the affiliate
code shows up there (initials), and it too doesn't
show up on the invoice, so I can't report on sales by
rep/affiliate.

Also I'm using [data session id] to record the session
id into the memo field, but for some reason it's
cutting off the domain part so instead of something
like mF24dZxb:yahoo.com it's just showing mF24dZxb

And finally, is there any way in quickbooks to work
with partial shipments like there is in IC, I'm not
finding it anywhere I search.

If anyone has solved these issues or can point me in
the right direction I'd be most appreciative.  And if
there are any good quickbooks community sites where I
can ask about stuff more specific to quickbooks,
please let me know.  Thx.

JP