[ic] "SIte index" page with 1000's of items

DB DB at M-and-D.com
Mon Jul 28 14:40:09 EDT 2003

> I would suggest that you also make use of [timed-build] to reduce the length
> of time it takes to create your pages:
>
> http://www.icdevgroup.org/i/dev/docfly.html?mv_arg=ictags04%2e76
>

> Jonathan.
>
> --
> Jonathan Clark
> Webmaint.com - Building Clever Websites   http://www.webmaint.com/
> Webmaint.net - Business Web Hosting       http://www.webmaint.net

Thanks for the tip.. I was indeed concerned about server load.

I added this to the top my "site index" page (I found this example in
the archives):

[timed-build auto=1 force=1 minutes="100"]
                  Built at [time]%c[/time].
          [/timed-build]

but I'm not sure I quite get it. Does this tag go at the top of the page
exactly as shown, or should it warp around the entire page?

Also, how do I know if it is working?

DB