[ic] "SIte index" page with 1000's of items

DB DB at M-and-D.com
Tue Jul 29 11:16:47 EDT 2003

>> I added this to the top my "site index" page (I found this example in
>> the archives):
>>
>> [timed-build auto=1 force=1 minutes="100"]
>>                   Built at [time]%c[/time].
>>           [/timed-build]
>>
>> but I'm not sure I quite get it. Does this tag go at the top of the page
>> exactly as shown, or should it warp around the entire page?
>
> It wraps the part of the page to build as static. In your case, I expect it
> will be the entire page. As an example, it is used in the foundation demo
> around the left navigation, within the category_vertical component.
>

>> Also, how do I know if it is working?
>
> In the example above, if you put exactly that code in your page, you would
> expect the enclosed part:
>
>   Built at [time]%c[/time].
>
> to be interpolated and then cached. You should see the date/time stays the
> same on subsequent page views as that part is then cached.
>
> Jonathan.
>
> --
> Jonathan Clark
> Webmaint.com - Building Clever Websites   http://www.webmaint.com/
> Webmaint.net - Business Web Hosting       http://www.webmaint.net/

Doh!! I was reading "Built at..." as "Build at..." and thinking that it
was part of the command somehow. No wonder I was confused. Now that I've
stopped hallucinating it makes perfect sense and indeed works great.
That's a very useful tag for stores with many items. IC continues to
amaze me.

DB