[ic] How to Filter vertical category list to include selected product-groups?

Kerry Blalock interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Jun 3 13:14:00 2003

>>    A quick simple answer...
>>Check out the fi, sf, op, and se tags for the loop tag
>>which is out of the box.
>>If you need more ask again.
>
>>Jon
>
> Thanks for your response..
>
> I am very un-skilled when it comes to programming with tags and perl
> etc..
>
> I have been getting around by fishing through the archives ..
> I have done similar links that can do search for all items and it shows
> it on the results page.
>
> HREF="...catalog.../scan/st=db/co=yes/sf=prod_group/se=Bars.html
> CLASS="barlink">All the Bars</A><BR>
>
> However, I want the filter to affect the left side mainly, not a seach.
> In file LEFTRIGHT_TOP : I see these components,
>
> [component group=vertical]
> [component group=content]
>
> How do we modify them to only show certain groups??

I set up the category=specific category in the left side of the menu,
using simple select method. If you make your categories with the type
information you want to filter by, it works.

category=MY widget
or category=MY

first will return everything in the product.txt field category with my
widget, the second everything with my