[ic] How to Filter vertical category list to include selected product-groups?

Farshad Farzan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jun 4 14:36:01 2003

>    Not sure if you've discovered this or not but the IC components are
in
>templates/components .  So if you want to change the behavior of
>component category_vertical then you would modify
>templates/components/category_vertical
>Slight disclaimer;  I'm still working with IC 4.9.3 so some file names
>may have changed.

>    Here is a thought, but I'm sure there are better ideas....
>Since the vertical component is searching through the area table
>to build the list could you use one of the existing columns to
>match ?  For example could you use the which_page column
>and apply a different value depending on what you want to show
>up and then modify the sf, op, and se values to match ?
>Otherwise you may have to join the area and cat tables and work
>from there.

>Jon

Thanks for your input, I think which_page is the right thing to do , I
started to check the archives. I found this link which is close to what
I want :
http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2002-October/02736
4.html

Here is the code for the area loop :
[loop
	prefix=box
	search="
		fi=area
		st=db
		tf=sort
		ac=0
		ac=0
		co=yes

		sf=sel
		op=eq
		se=[control set_selector left]

		sf=which_page
		op=rm
		se=[control page_class all|@@MV_PAGE@@]
"]

I changed the which_page column in my area table from (all) to have some
records with entries STORE_A , some with STORE_B and some with STORE_C.

Now is it correct that I have to set the MV_PAGE to right store in order
to show the area for that store.. ??  and if so how do I set this via a
link,??

Thanks for your input.