[ic] How to Filter vertical category list to include selected product-groups?

Farshad Farzan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jun 4 23:05:01 2003

>    That link looks good and appropriate. I don't think the unanswered
>stuff applies.

>You might want to search through the documentation for MV_PAGE.
>This is a global variable and set by something (no idea what), but the
>documentation
>says not to change it.  You may want to read that.  Oh heck, here is
the
>link :)
>http://www.icdevgroup.org/cgi-bin/ic/docfly.html?mv_arg=icconfig04%2e58

>I think what you'll want to do is change the 'all' to STORE_A, etc..
>I would get a bit familiar with this page... I was so happy when some
one
>posted this:
http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/docs/frames/ictags_163.html

Yes, that is what I did and it does work .. Now I have to figure a way
to do set the page_class for example this works globally once it is set
in the index.html:

[set page_class]STORE_A[/set]

I think what I should do , is to have the link for each store take me to
a store home page that has the above code in there for its store.

when the page is called the result will be global and the user will shop
around that store products area / category.

>One thing I'm not sure about though. If you're trying to segregate
products
>between stores would you have a cross pollination problem using the
>built in search facility... I don't know, but would be easy to test.

Yes , I tried it ,it seems that the search will not know about the
page_class. Also, what I should do about the Random and cross
components.? Is there a way to have them check the which_page.?

>Also if you're trying to share the backend between multiple front ends
>you might want to do a bit more searching.  This has been talked
>about a couple of times. Here is one link that MAY be appropriate
>http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2003->January/030
798.html

Thanks a bunch for your help.. I would have been lost otherwise...

Richard.