[ic] query tag usage

Interchange User interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Jun 9 16:56:01 2003

Okay, I'm stumped.

I'm trying to do use the query tag in IC 4.9.7 to pull some data from a
MySQL 4.1 database, and haven't gotten too far.  The following code:

    [query
    		sql="select * FROM nc_authorarticle where articleID = '31'"
		type=list
		list=1
		more=1
		ml=100
		st=db
       ]
       [on_match]
         Match:[sql-field authorDisplay] [sql-field articleID]
[sql-field authorship]<br>
       [/on_match]
    [/query]

simply returns

Match:
Match:
Match:
Match:
Match:
Match:

which tells me that it found the fields I was looking for (I have the
same number of records in the database as the number of "Match:" lines
I get back, but I am unable to get any of the fields returned by the
SQL query to show up.  Can someone please tell me what I am missing?
I've tried all sorts of variants, including using a loop tag to try to
loop over the results, but may have had the syntax totally wrong, for
all I know.

Thanks,

Peter