[ic] LWP:UserAgent

Christian Brink interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Jun 16 14:11:01 2003

> Hi,
>
> I'm using IC 4.8.2
>
> I installed LWP::UserAgent using CPAN. I have Perl 5.8.0, but
> Interchange says that I have 5.6.0 and when I try to use LWP:UserAgent
> error log indicates "Can't locate object method "new" via package
> "LWP::UserAgent".

You have 2 different installations of perl. Each installation (should)
keep it's own set of modules.

Generally (although you can change this):
if perl is : /usr/bin/perl  modules are: /usr/lib/perl5
if perl is : /usr/local/bin/perl  modules are: /usr/local/lib/perl5

To figure out where which perl your inteechange is using:
type '/usr/bin/perl -v'
then type '/usr/local/bin/perl -v'

One of those should pop up with a version of 5.6.0, that is your version
of perl that interchange runs on.

Once you have that then rerun CPAN with the full path to that distribution.

eg. if interchange uses /usr/local/bin/perl then
type '/usr/local/bin/perl -MCPAN -e shell'
to install your modules

HTH
Christian Brink