[ic] Javascript Menus - Loading Problem

Sonjia Murphy interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jun 18 12:23:00 2003

Hi,

I recently uploaded a Javascript menu to my web site.  The menu contains
about 20 categories, some with some subcategories.  I used IC's search
builder to produce URLs and then copied/pasted the URLs into my Javascript
file for the menu links.  I am linking to an external Javascript file that
is outside of IC (I couldn't get it to work any other way), but in a folder
the root directory of my site. (ie. http://www.mysite.com/menus/jsfile.js.)
The menu links look something like:
http://mysite.com/~cartname/cgi-bin/cart.cgi/scan/fi=products/st=db/sp=resul
tscat/co=1/sf=prod_group/se=Collectibles/op=eq/nu=0/sf=category/se=Minis/op=
eq/nu=0/ml=10.html?id=tbPNRZsw&mv_pc=3751.

Here's the problem:  When I access my site and click on one of the
categories or subcategories, it brings up the item list fairly quickly, but
then it continues to load other objects (I'm guessing the JS menu links),
and it's taking a long time.  This also causes major delays when I click on
an item to get more detail.  Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Looking forward to anyone's help,

Sonjia