[ic] slow one click search

Aaron Hazelton interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jun 18 13:31:00 2003

On Sun, 15 Jun 2003 11:11:07 +0200, Chen Naor <chen@lilux.co.il> wrote:

>> > IC 4.9.7
>> > PostgreSQL 7.2.3
>>
>> > select t1.* from products t1, merchandising t2 where t1.sku=t2.sku and
>> > t1.category like '%[sql-param code]%' and t2.featured like '%second%'
>> > and t1.inactive='0' LIMIT 4

[snip]

> The question is: Is it possible to pass a complicate query with one click
> search (like in the
> [query] tag)?

If you have a way of controlling the usage of it, I have created page links
that pass cgi paramaters to a specific "one click search" page and then
that
page can utilize the [query] tag using the paramaters passed.

Not sure if that is what you had in mind, but I like it and it can be VERY
fast.  Hope that helps..

--
Aaron Hazelton
Hazenet.net