[ic] Demo

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jun 18 14:28:01 2003

Hello everyone,

I have had interchange running internally in our company for 3 months. It is
amazing how it works. I have a couple of questions about the demo. I am
running basically the foundation demo with some changes because as we ship
internal supplies, we don't have taxes. Interchange in is case will be a point
of control of inventory and what people order. From this side, I want to
congratulate everybody who have been involved in this project. On the other
hand, I implemented a nightly build. I am having troubles with a couple of
features in the catalog as well as in the admin interface. The second one is
not that important, but the other one is important because we are talking
about people who hardly know how to operate a computer. I saw the demo that
you have on-line and will be happy to implement that one because all the
problems I have seen in my interchange are fixed in this demo. Where do I need
to go to get that demo?. Finally, I want to move from RH 8.0 to FreeBSD. Has
someone tried to install IC in FreeBSD?. We are talking about a server that
will be running multiple catalogs and many users at the same time, that's why
I want to move to FreeBSD.

THanks for your help and have a pleasant day.
DIego