[ic] Pictures of creditcard transaction & avarage times

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Jun 20 09:00:01 2003

Frans Haarman [fhaarman-ic@projects.synantics.net] wrote:
> I think it would build users trust, and perhaps make them buy sooner if
> we have pictures explaining:
>
> - how interchange handles creditcard transactions
> - how long the creditcard numbers are stored on computers (or in mem.)
>
> Of course, more information might build more trust. Suggestions are more
> then welcome.

Sometimes a picture doesn't say more than 1,000 words. :-)  I'd
suggest that a policy page would be more suitable for this job.

By the way, Interchange does not store credit card numbers in any
form.  Card numbers are either (1) processed via an online PSP for
immediate authorisation, (2) encrypted and emailed to the merchant
or (3) a combination of #1 and #2.

> I am willing, with help of our gfx designer, to create the pictures. I
> suggest we make a list with things we would like to see in these
> pictures.

Feel free to post a link to a page containing examples or rough ideas.
I just can't imagine a graphic that would easily convey the points
you're trying to make on your website.  Perhaps it's just a lack of
imagination on my part. :-)

Have fun with your new Interchange installation.